Dining with Diabetes Program in Hanover on Mar. 2
There will be a Dining with Diabetes program in March on Thursday evenings from 5:30 to 7:30 PM at the Kloppenberg Senior Center, located at 512 E North St in Hanover. Dates will be March 2, 9, 16, & 23.
For questions, or to register, contact Kaitlin Moore, Nutrition, Food Safety & Health Agent at 785-243-8185 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutrition and physical activity are keys to managing your type 2 diabetes, but where do you start? The Dining with Diabetes program can help!
The program includes:
• planning meals and snacks with delicious and healthy recipes
• cooking demonstrations and food sampling
• motivation and support — connect with others who are living with diabetes
• ideas for being more active
• an understanding of how diabetes affects your overall health
Dining with Diabetes consists of four sessions. Adults with type 2 diabetes and their family members, caregivers, and support persons are invited to participate.
Individualized meal plans or guidance will not be provided.
The Dining with Diabetes Program fee is $25. Due to funding from the Washington County Community Foundation, the fee has temporarily been reduced to $0.